Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support EA Tremolo Input/Output

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

Hi all! Very quick and, hopefully, easy question for ya’ll. I’m currently building the EA tremolo and, while I’m sure to come across some hang ups along the way, I was curious about something before I begin the build.

The supplies I received included both a (1)stereo and (1)mono jack. Bearing this in mind, I am unsure which should be my input and which should be my output OR it may not matter at all. I won’t make any assumptions until I can confirm where to install, but in the meantime, I’ll start populating that board! Thanks in advance for the advice!

-Marcus

Cybercow

Marcus – the stereo jack is for the input. Many builders use a stereo jack on the input to break the battery connection, (ground – between the sleeve and ring lugs on the stereo jack), to prevent the battery from going dead while nothing is plugged in. If you do not build with battery connections, then it doesn’t matter which jack is input or output.

Marcus
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have several pedals that function this way and had thought this might be the case, but I’m very grateful to have it confirmed. Thank you for answering my question!</p>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.