Home Forums Show Off Your Build DSOTM v2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Barry,

I did this a long time ago so this pedal is dinged up now, sounds great though and is almost muff like but you can dial in all kinds of fuzzy sounds out of this thing. I should have poured epoxy over it instead of some crap clear coat stuff I was using at the time 🙁   I like the new board 2018 layout better then V2…  this one was kind of tough to cram into a 1590b enclosure for me back then LOL

wilkie1

Well done, John!  PROGRESS!  You make progress and so does GPCB.  Barry is always looking for improvements and new ideas.

Cybercow

I built both the Ver2 and the Ver3 builds and having used the same transistors in each build, I cannot discern an audible difference between the two. Ver2 afforded some room towards the top of the enclosure to get creative with clear-shafted pots (along with clear knobs) and tucked some slow, color-cycling MPU RGB LEDs beneath the both to glow up thru the knobs.

Wiring them in . . . .

Completed gut shot . . . . (I had to add some 10nF caps tho the power supply points on the pot mounting daughterboard to eliminate the MPU cycling oscillator from bleeding thru into the signal output. But their not shown in this image, it was an after thought.)

I really liked the Ver2. Ver3 still affords room to employ the pot mounted daughter boards, but I wanted to keep my Ver3 build a bit simpler on the first go around for a Ver3 build. You did a nice job on yours. Looking forward to your next expose´.

John
    Participant

wow… that is a crazy build there with those daughter boards!  I forgot what transistors I put in mine and need to see of they have  BC109c in there LOL…

Max Signori
    Participant

Dear All, I’m looking at V3 right now and I’ve noticed that the Fuzz Pot is indicated as C 1k, while in V2 was linear, B 1k.

Is it correct to use a rev log?

Max.

Cybercow

Max – that is correct.The Fuzz pot on the newer DSOTM v3 build uses a C1K pot. The reverse audio taper helps smooth out the sweep of that pot in this build.

Max Signori
    Participant

Thanks! Great build, by the way.

Max.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart