Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support DPDT Wiring Board for a circuit with hard clipping (Klone).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Oscar Lamas
    Participant

I want to use the  DPDT Wiring Board for a circuit with hard clipping (Klone). I am lost as fat as being able to make it work. In relation to the wiring board, where shall I place my diodes? as you can tell I have socketed where the Diodes go. I just want to use 2 other diodes with the mod board.

Thanks for the help.

Barry
    Keymaster

You would need to provide a schematic image and a blank board image.

Oscar Lamas
    Participant

Barry, thanks so much for your reply. Here is what I have.

Cybercow

The switch that is already soldered in place appears to be a 3-position toggle. Is it On-On-On or On-Off-On?

It makes a difference because if it’s On-Off-On, there will be no clipping elements engaged in the center position.

If it’s On-On-On, it’ imperative to know which outer lugs are connected to the center lugs and may or may not behave as intended.

In either case, the diode selections would be wired as shown in the image below . . . .

Oscar Lamas
    Participant

It is on off on. It would be just the Op-amp clipping. You are 100% correct.

Cybercow

Oscar – with the On-Off-On toggle, you will be good to go with that image I posted.

Oscar Lamas
    Participant

Thanks very much. I truly appreciate your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.