Home Forums Show Off Your Build D’lay with Tap Tempo board and WF mod Sustain footswitch w/ demo vid

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

This was a fun one, and I was just happy it worked when I fired it up. Understanding all of the additional options with the Tap Tempo board and the WF mod and all that stuff took a little pre-planning, and I haven’t come up with an elegant way to organize it inside the enclosure yet, but I’m very happy with the result. I used a Small Bear 125BB enclosure to give me the extra depth on a 1590BB size enclosure because I knew it was a lot to cram in there, but it DOES fit.

Here’s how it looks outside:

Here’s what it looks like inside (haven’t come up with how I want to mount the board inside yet):

And here’s what it sounds like:

wilkie1

Well done!  That gut shot looks like my builds!

Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

Yeah there’s definitely a lot going on in there! I mostly build with PCB mount pots, so all the extra wires for the pots really add up. Good practice for a few of the other boards I have either way.

Billy

Another excellent looking and sounding build Dan

Cybercow

F*** all what it looks like on the inside . . . . (nice job by the way with the shoehorn and 2-lb hand sledge) . . . .  it sounds great! The additional features are exquisite! Looks pretty good too!

Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

Thanks everyone!

Barry
    Keymaster

Well done and thanks for sharing.

I would be interested in if you can tweak the WF mod to be a bit moire aggressive such as in this video:

Not saying that is what you are looking for but mainly curious.

I also noticed that you are using the new 3PDT Vari-Brite boards and would be interested in what you might say about those?

Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

I should be able to adjust TR1 to allow for that by hitting the repeats harder, but the person I made this for wants it to sustain without overloading with gain. I’ve done a similar mod on another delay (with Billy’s help) that did create that kind of overloading runaway delay, which you can hear in the video below. It also relies on an internal trimmer between the momentary switch and the repeats knob.

Barry
    Keymaster

That sounds quite fun. Awesome!

So what did you think of the new 3PDT Vari-Brite boards?

Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

They are fantastic! A really great idea, and the execution is simple and easy to follow. I appreciate the small footprint as well for the functionality added. I have one more to use and I need to sort out which of the projects I want to use it for. I have a handful of your boards now and I’m really looking forward to diving into them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.