Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support D’lay Tap Tempo board footswitch mounting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

Hey all,

I just want to confirm something. The documentation for the D’lay Tap Tempo board says “A board-mounted DPDT momentary stomp switch (SW1) is now incorporated, which is designed to be mounted “on the component side of the board.

I’m used to installing PCB mounted pots and switches to the non-component side of the board (the “back” where I’ve snipped all my component leads), so that when I mount it into the enclosure, the components are facing the bottom (facing me with the bottom plate of the enclosure not having been installed yet). If I’m reading the quote above correctly, it says to do the opposite, so when I mount the DPDT to the board and then the enclosure, that board will be flipped the other way (and the opposite way of the D’lay board when I install that).

Am I understanding that quote correctly? If someone has a photo of the inside of their build that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

-Dan

Billy

Looks like that’s correct Dan

Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

Okay great, thank you Billy. I tried using the GuitarPCB search for this but just got the build doc results. Didn’t realize until right now that there’s a separate search on the forum homepage. Appreciate you responding so quickly!

Billy

Haha yeah miss the odd thing here and there myself Dan

I’m on most other DIY forums and know you’re keen for knowledge and pretty quick at absorbing it from seeing your builds etc

So do check the old forum which Barry has kept as a knowledge base here lots of good stuff in there

https://guitarpcb.webs.com/apps/forums/

Dan Bieranowski
    Participant

This is brilliant, thank you tons!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.