Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support D'Lay Not Passing Signal (Combo Build)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

J Freeman
    Participant

I have attempted to build a combo build of the “Add Verb” and “D’Lay with tap tempo”

I am using the 3PDT circuit boards and the “Add Verb” passes signal on by-pass and effect mode. However the D’Lay only passes signal in by-pass mode. It seems as though the 3PDT switch completely cuts the circuit when it is engaged.

The voltages on the D;Lay board are on par with the build document, and I can tell the Tap Tempo seems to be working by the voltages read and the indicator lights and pots.

I feel it is something simple that I am missing as to why the D’Lay circuit is not passing signal, I have been troubleshooting it for a few days and was wondering if I could get some extra eyes on it?

I disconnected the Add Verb pedal to troubleshoot the delay section  individually. Again I can get signal with an audio probe when the stomp switch is in by-pass but get nothing when the switch is enabled.

I reflowed the entire circuit but am still getting the stated voltages with the PT2399 and the TL072, also the 7805 is showing that the voltage is being stepped down to 5v and the tap tempo board is showing +5v and per the LEDs and ICs the voltages seem to be fine and correspond with the switches and rate pot.

If I need to provide more information, let me know and please see the pic below.

J Freeman
    Participant

Extra post to receive notification of follow ups.

Also, in the pic the ground for the tap tempo is disconnected but I have it plugged into the 3PDT for the D’Lay effect.

wilkie1

I don’t see any connection to the T pad for the IN of the D’Lay.

I don’t see anything connected to the In pad of the D’Lay 3PDT board.

J Freeman
    Participant

Can you tell me where the T pad is located?

I disconnected the input wires to test the circuit separately.

wilkie1

On all GPCB boards, there are 2 pads for all IN and OUT connections.  One of them has a letter “T” next to it to indicate the signal pad.  The other pad is a ground pad.  You must connect signals to the pad marked “T”.  You do not need to use the other ground pad if you have the board grounded at other points.

If you spend some time to read the BUILD GUIDES on the forum, you can get this information and much more.

The pad marked BI on the 3PDT board must connect to the IN of the D’Lay board at the “T” pad.  Check your wiring and let us know if you solved the issue.

J Freeman
    Participant

I knew it was likely something stupid, I honestly couldn’t see the “T” on the pad until I went back and looked closer. I am certain that is the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Barry
    Keymaster

From our Guides section.

This is High Res so you can download and zoom using your favorite Photo viewer.

This shows how GuitarPCB projects can be wired. We provide excellent options using the Main Board (which has the most copper) to be your grounding source instead of the clumsy star grounding method.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart