Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support D’lay Jack Issue

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Liam
    Participant

Hello,

I just completed the D’lay. I ordered the pedal and completed ~80% of it last year, and just recently finished it up (wiring pots/jacks/power supply and fitting everything into the enclosure).

The pedal works (and sounds good) when the input jack is not quite plugged in all the way; when the input jack is all the way plugged in, there is no sound (and bypass doesn’t work). Any idea why this might be? I guess there’s a short somewhere, but I don’t understand why/where! I took good care to shield parts that might come into contact from each other.

Thank you.

Billy

Sounds like it’s grounding on the enclosure check nothing touches the bare metal of the enclosure when you put the jack in particularly the tip connection when you insert a jack all the way in it’ll move the flexible tip connection outwards

That or when you put the enclosure lid on it’s touching bare metal and in very rare cases it could be a  a faulty jack socket if it’s the skeleton type you can twist it to make sure nothing turns that shouldn’t

Easy enough to fix if it does touch the enclosure just loosen the jack and turn it

Cybercow

Liam – can we see some clear, close-up photos of the jack and its wiring – and a completed gutshot?

Liam
    Participant

Thank you for the responses. I have covered the inside of the enclosure lid with electrical tape as well. Here are some images; apologies in advance for all the electrical tape!

wilkie1

The white and black wires need to be reversed.  The black one is soldered to the tip lug, I believe.

wilkie1

Correction: the yellow wire needs to be soldered to the tip lug which has the black wire.  Reverse the yellow and black.  Sorry if my old eyes missed this at first glance.

Billy

Just to clarify when it’s fully in the enclosure everything tightened and you don’t put the in jack all the way in you get both bypass and effect signal all controls work as expected as soon as you fully insert the jack both bypass and effect signal cut out is that correct

Liam
    Participant

Thank you to wilkie1 for pointing out my mistake! I switched the black and yellow wires and now it works as expected. Now I plug in both input and output cables and bypass works, and the pedal works well too!

Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart