Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Disturbed Sputtering

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello.  I truly love the Disturbed pedal, my favorite pedal by a ways…… It sputters when not played, touch the strings or played softly.  It is the same thing that happens when you try to bias a fuzz face, sort of like you have a noise gate turned all the way up.  As far as voltages are concerned, please tell me which voltages you want and I will provide.

Thanks!!

Barry
    Keymaster

Sounds like you have a cold solder joint or ground problem. Re-flow everything including off board connections and recheck all common grounding. Also check your cables and only test the pedal by itself with known perfect cables.

If you cannot find it you will need clear photos and voltages:

Source voltage and both chips is what is required.

Google the datasheet to get the pin number and list it so we can tell which reading is what by pin.

IC chips are always listed in order by number following this U shape. Again google datasheet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello.  The voltages are as follows:

Ic1

1-4.66

2. 4.66

3. 4.45

4, 0

5. 4.66

6. 4.66

7. 4.64

8. 9.32

ic2

1. 4.81

2. 4.80

3. 8.25

4. 0

5. 4.66

6. 4.66

7. 4.65

8. 9.32

Thanks

Barry
    Keymaster

Did you do the complete re-flow yet?

If so what are the results and what all did you re-flow?

Since we cannot see anything we need as much detail as possible to be able to help.

An audio probe would be very helpful to narrow the problem down to one area and we still need Photos.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

I reflow some of the joints will redo rest later when I get home…..I am having issues uploading more photos from phone ugh

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

wilkie1

Although 1 person’s problem may not be the same as another one’s, I had a cold solder joint on an amp volume pot that also sputtered.  A quick reflow of the joint solved the problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.