Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Disturbance – wrong resistors?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

there are some differences between a few resistors listed in the schematic, the parts list and those included in the kit arrived today from Musikding.

The schematic call R15, R16 and R17 20kΩ, in the parts list are two 20kΩ resistors and one with 2,2kΩ, and the kit contains two resistors with 22kΩ and one at  2,2kΩ.

Furthermore the kit include one resistor at 2,2MΩ, that’s listed with 2,2MΩ but schematic call it R1 2MΩ.

Now where are the mistakes and what shall I do?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Just one more question:

I wanna build a combopedal Disturbance together with Tone TwEQ. What makes more sense – first Tone TwEQ or Disturbance?

Cybercow

Rolf – actually, neither goes “first”. The Tone TwEQ is an EQ PCB daughterboard designed to provide superior tone control (Low, Mid & Hi) compared to a simple single-pot “Tone” control on a pedal. It can also be used as a stand-alone circuit for better tone control on circuits. (Check out the Tone TwEQ’s build document for more info.)

The Tone TwEQ also has a volume control and you will want to decide if you want both volume controls on the pedal.

The Tone TwEQ can be inserted in place of the the Disturbance’s Tone control. The “In” of the Tone TwEQ can be connected to where pin 3 of the Disturbance tone pot goes; and the “Out” of the Tone TwEQ would connect to the pin 1 location of the Disturbance tone control. And you can omit C8 completely.

You can either volume control from both PCB’s or both volume controls if you like. Personally, I would prefer to omit the volume control of the Tone TwEQ and just connect the pin 3 of the Tone TwEQ’s volume pot (omitting The Tone TwEQ volume pot) to the pin 2 location of the Disturbance’s Tone pot (omitting the Disturbance’s Tone pot. This would give you a “Gain”, “Low”, “Mid”, “Hi”, and “Volume” control on the pedal instead of having 7 total controls on the enclosure.

If you want all the controls on your pedal, then I would put The Tone TwEQ after the Disturbance.

The options are yours to be had.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just seen that C6 should have 220pf, but the one in the kit is a 100pf ceramic capacitor. Shall I solder this  one or is it important that it is a 220pf one? What will change if I take the 100pf one?

Thanks

Barry
    Keymaster

Either value in picofarads is fine. It won’t effect the tone.

I will update the doc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello together,

just another question not relating to Disturbance, but since I wanna build a combo pedal I ask under this topic.

The ToneTwEQ build document list R5, R6 and R13 to be 1,8kΩ and the resistors coming with the kit are lettered so. But actually they are 220kΩ. At R13 I believe it’s to much, but what is with R5 and R6?

Thanks

wilkie1

Using a 220K at R13 will make the LED too DIM or not light.  R5 and R6 must be 1.8K in order for the TREBLE band to function properly.  If you received resistors that are not marked correctly, please contact your supplier for replacements.  I’m sure they will help you.

Barry
    Keymaster

Since this is a new question I am editing the info already covered.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Wilkie,

thanks a lot for your answer. I have some 1,8kΩ resistors at home, I will only have to change them cause they already have been soldered before I noticed they are wrong.

Hi Barry,

that’s ok, for the rest of the kit I will get along with it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.