Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Diode substitution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all,

Really quick, is it ok to substitute a 1n4002 for a 1n4001 diode in the Apollo trem build?

Thanks, Will

wilkie1

Quickly, YES!

Slower, the diode is acting as a protection diode against reverse voltage.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great, thanks! Also, the pads for the on/off/rate bicolor LED, I presume that the white one is where I solder the negative/ground leg of the LED, is that correct?

wilkie1

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do I need to include the blevel trimmer in the apollo trem, even if I am not using the kill mode switch?

wilkie1

No.  Without the “KILL” switch, you can still use standard bypass switching to select or bypass the effect.  You will not have the buffered bypass feature that the “KILL” switch offers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok. I asked because after finishing the build, I plugged it and and got no sound. Took me just a minute with the schematic to realize that if you omit the “kill” switch, you need to put a jumper into the top two holes of the switch pad, or you have a break in the circuit. I didn’t see any notes on that in the build doc, might be a worth while add.

Barry
    Keymaster

We secretly do not want anyone not using the kill switch if it kills us. This makes it only 1 pedal instead of two in one. Quality Buffers are magic all by themselves and why so many boutique companies are offering buffer only pedals.

I will have a look at the doc later when I have a chance on a more serious note but then actually I am unintentionally serious.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.