Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Desoldering vacuum?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

I hate desoldering with wick or my little hand pump.  I see that they make desoldering stations that have a little vacuum built in.  I dont want to spring 250 for a Hakko.  Does anyone have experience with some of these that I’m seeing for around 100?  I build a few pedals a week now, and as careful as I am, I still run into issues where I need to desolder, and the tools I am using now just take too long.  Thanks for any advice or guidance.

Bruce R

Before you spend big bucks, buy this: https://www.amazon.com/EDSYN-Static-Safe-SOLDAPULLT-III/dp/B011OXM496/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=soldapullt&qid=1620159447&sr=8-4

If that doesn’t work for you, I’ll be surprised. Barry can attest to this as well. I bought him one.

Jon
    Participant

Hi bruce, I have something similar, and it just doesn’t seem to get it all out, especially from the smaller holes.  Is that particular brand better than others in the same price range?

Barry
    Keymaster

Yah I had a version with the blue tube and I always hated it. Then Bruce got me that one and it blew my mind. Night and Day difference to the crap one I was using. More like Mirror Universe.

Jon
    Participant

Thanks fellas.  I ordered one, will report back.

Mike
    Participant

I concur the SOLDAPULLT is vastly superior to the smaller kind. When I first got mine I was skeptical and was mostly amused because it’s comically large but it does work. I’m a convert!

Big O
    Participant

I have a soldering iron with a built in spring loaded suction.  Works great for me and I think I maybe paid $15 for it.  There is a similar Velleman model on Amazon for about $18.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.