Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion ColorTone Output (answered)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hey GuitarPCB people. I’m a fairly new pedal builder and greatly appreciate the guidance. I built a ToneBender kit today it sounds solid but the output is almost unity level with volume and gain. Is this normal for this circuit? Thanks in advance.</p>

Anonymous
    Inactive

“2N5088’s are much easier to acquire and sound excellent however Q1-Q4 stock transistors are BC546. We chose this for the board silkscreen as a result. If you choose 2N5088…simply reverse the transistor orientation shown on the circuit board silkscreen when inserting the transistors.”

WHOOPS!!! I missed that part. A bit more volume since I rotated the transistors but still pretty quite not a huge jump when maxed out. Thoughts? Is this just haracteristic of this build?

I checked capacitor and diode polarities, all good. Cheers y’all!

Barry
    Keymaster

This is stock. The volume output will fluctuate where the tone control is set.

while it is not much over unity this stock circuit is close. The more you use the tone to cut frequency the more apparant volume loss. This does not affect me personally as long as I get at  unity and love the unique tone. If needed add an Afterblaster for extra volume output or use in tandem with a boost

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Barry!!! I was thinking the same thing with the after blaster. I appreciate the feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.