Home Forums Show Off Your Build Colortone Overdriver

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sofnwhat
    Participant

i built this as a gift, and i think i want one too.  its a great little boost w/ a very healthy crunch at the far reach of the gain. i will probably put different knobs on it.

thanks Wilkie1, for the cardboard box wiring trick idea.  it’s nice to test and troubleshoot before ever boxing the damn thing 😉

Barry
    Keymaster

Nice build. Sorry I missed this. This was at the time I was dealing with a stroke and my vision went crazy.

Thanks for sharing.

wilkie1

I think you may be giving credit to the late Pete Vig.  The cardboard box wiring was his idea.  He built so many effects that he didn’t want to buy enclosures for them right away.

Pete was our original “Eagle Eyes”.  He could spot a wrong value resistor a mile away.  He is sorely missed.

R.I.P.

sofnwhat
    Participant

i’ve really enjoyed my trip so far through the analogue circuit world, thanks to a great community of professionals willing to share.  i have no background in electronics, but found enough resource here and elsewhere to learn a bit.  thanks again, guys.  hope you’re feeling better, Barry!

–rp

Billy

Yeah Pete did a whole lot of good stuff it’s just sad I never got to meet him I’d imagine it woulda been a laugh a minute

I’m sure he’s up there trying to mod God right now with a coupla cheeky switches

sofnwhat
    Participant

wow, i love the ‘God’ box there, Billy. is that yours?  is it useful?

Billy

That’s one of Pete’s, just showing one of his builds

Pete used to document a lot with his builds and ideas you may find some very useful stuff in his photo gallery on the old site

https://guitarpcb.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=14577966

Billy

Getting wrapped up in the old days haha

I actually came to comment on your build which I like I wouldn’t change those knobs I think they give it a great look

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.