Home Forums Show Off Your Build Colorsound Tonebender PLUS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cybercow 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wilkie1

I just delivered this one to another guitarist in a local Denver band.  It is a combo of 4 boards mounted in a 125B enclosure.  The Colorsound Tonebender feeds a DPDT that chooses between an Emerald Ringer or direct into a Stage 3.  A 3PDT board handles the status Green LED and bypass.

Barry helped me solve how to print gold lettering onto a Military Green background.  His method worked great!  I did use several coats of acrylic spray for protection and high gloss.

Barry
    Keymaster

Freakin Awesome!!!

Billy

Nice Mr Wilkinson sir!

Scott Preston
    Participant

nice work Wilkie – what was the technique Barry recommended to get the gold to work over green?

-Scott

wilkie1

Instead of using a water slide decal, Barry uses white photo paper and prints the lettering over a dark background.  His technique is shown  in the forum here:

I used a laser printer to print on special HP laser brochure stock.  The background color was matched as closely as I could by changing the RGB color code.  The decal was glued on with the purple 3M glue stick he uses.  Instead of using Armor-All, I used clear acrylic spray to protect the pedal.

Cybercow

Very cool Wilkie!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart