Home Forums Show Off Your Build Buff'n'Blend (answered)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just finished this one…

Matt
    Participant

I dig it. The roughed up paint scheme is my go to style when I don’t have a graphic I feel like using. Was this a powder coated enclosure or did you paint it and then sand it down? Either way, I like the look. Nice job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I painted it and then sand it down.

Barry
    Keymaster

I would enjoy seeing what is going on on the inside.

I was also wondering if you considered adding an extra switchable stage (like a 1″x1″ Stage 3 Booster) on the inside to account for any circuit or group of circuits that would invert the phase?

Very nice and thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Barry that is exactly what I need to do because I have too many pedals that are not sounding right with Buff’n’Blend and having phase switch would be great from the start up. Would I need bigger box or is there a way to get it inside this one? Is there any schematic how to connect these two together? Thanks!

wilkie1

To add a Phase Correction, I suggest you add one of Barry’s Stage 3 boards.  That will give you an added boost (when needed) and also correct for a phase mismatch.

SImply add this to the end of your signal with a SPDT switch to select it when needed.  It’s small enough to fit inside your existing enclosure.  The pot can either be a trimmer or external pot.

Barry
    Keymaster

We have a larger project with Phase Switch and more called the Paramix.

The Buff N Blend was designed more for using in tandem (in the same enclosure) with a single circuit that does not invert the phase or as Wilkie points out you can use a Stage 3 at 1″ x 1″ giving you phase switching.

For a multi purpose setup to be used with an ever changing array of pedals I highly recommend our Paramix.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is this the right one https://www.musikding.de/Stage-3-Booster-kit

Ok, if this is the one, I don’t get it which switch is for phase correction  because SW1 is intended for bass guitar if I understand right.
    <div>This in instructions: SW1 is a bass ready switch which allows you to add more bass frequencies. If you don’t wish to play bass, don’t install C3 or SW1.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I would like to have simple SPDT switch for turning boost off or on, not 3PDT…</div>
    <div></div>

wilkie1

What I was saying is to send the output of the Buff N Blend to an SPDT switch to select either a direct output to the output jack or select the Stage 3 Booster INPUT which would then send its OUTPUT to the out jack.

Barry
    Keymaster

Yes what Wilkie Said. All you are doing is putting the Stage 3 circuit (always on) on a switch to either be in the Audio Path or removed. Again the Buff N Blend was designed to be used mostly with a single “main circuit” so it can all fit in a small enclosure.

We us the Paramix (link above) for a larger multi-purpose application as you are demonstrating above. Yours will still work however as Wilkie1 has pointed out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart