Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Buff N Blend combo question

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Working on a combo build that’s been shelved for a while.  It’s a Sriracha Fuzz & G-02 combo, with a Buff N Blend in between so I can use potentiometer to blend the two circuits together.  The signal path will be:

Input -> 3PDT(send) -> Sriracha -> BnB(in) -> G02(send&return from BnB) -> BnB(out) -> 3PDT(return)

The BnB will be hard-wired “on”… I think this’ll work, but want to make sure there isn’t a phase issue.  I might need to draw the diagram to make it easier to understand.  Any comments?

Thanks

Cybercow

You can follow the BnB’s Build Document here: https://guitarpcb.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/BD_Buff-N-Blend.pdf

From what I can make of your description, it reads like you’re on to it.

If you want to apply the BnB differently from the Build Document, please draw and share your diagram.

wilkie1

The G-02 does not invert the signal.  However, the Sriracha Fuzz does.  You can restore the signal chain to a non-inverted signal by adding a Stage 3 into the chain.  Then the BnB will work properly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wiring diagram inserted above.  Is this viable; do I need a Stage3 after the Sriracha before it goes into the BnB?

Cybercow

Since the Sriracha inverts the phase of the signal, (as Wilkie points out), connecting it as you’ve diagramed will cause a severe ‘cancellation’ effect. Yes, adding a Stage3 (in series and directly before or after the Sriracha) will re-invert the signal and match phase with BnB where it meets the Animal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks for the help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.