Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Blues Buster Silicone Diodes Not Working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    OshiWei
    Participant

I built the Blues Buster with the After Blaster and I love it. I even put the volume and switch for the After Blaster on the outside to make it more versatile. The only problem is that the diode selector switch only works when the LEDs are selected. The other three diode slots are occupied by silicone diodes and when I switch to them there is just a low jittery throbbing sound but no guitar signal. Otherwise, the pedal works great. I have checked, and the diodes are in the correct direction per the Kenny symbols. Any thoughts?

Billy

Post some nice clear images so we can clearly see the pcb and trace your switch wiring it could be several causes a cold solder joint, switch or wiring fault

From your explanation it’s the diodes in the op amp feedback loop that seem to be the problem D1, 2, 3, 4 continuity check all components from IC1B pin 7 to pin 6 and the switch lugs to make sure there’s a good connection

OshiWei
    Participant

Will do. I’ll have to pull everything out. It’s a bit cramped in the case with the mods. Lots of wires. But, I’ll post them as soon as I can.

OshiWei
    Participant

I figured it out. I was starting to take everything out and noticed that there were a few rogue strands of wire where the switch is connected to the PCB that didn’t make it through the whole and were shorting against the adjoining wires. I cleaned everything up a bit and made sure nothing else like that was occurring and it works great. Thanks for the help and direction!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.