Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Black Dog (answered)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  koutek 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

koutek
    Participant

Hi everybody I finished to build the black dog project but when attached to guitar and amp there is no signal seems that the signal does not coming in or out, the current seems to be ok led is light

i post some picture if someone can help me

thanks

Barry
    Keymaster

Connect the Green and Yellow In/Out wiring on the Main Board to the (T) Pads.

Currently they are connected to ground.

This image is from the Guides Page. It would be great for printing out as all builds follow this example:

If you need further help I would start by first verifying everything against the Image above.

koutek
    Participant

Thanks Barry I tried to follow the picture but still issue, there is a lot of buzz ground rumors and when I touch the buzz increase

Cybercow

I fail to grasp why R22 has a jumper in that location. I can see that you are NOT using the on-board LED indicator, but that’s no reason to jumper the on-board CLR (R22). I’m also aware that it likely has no bearing on the  noise issue.

Also, I can see there is no ground wire on the input jack. Without a ground wire going to that input outside of the box, the ground of the circuit is not complete. Try adding that ground wire to the input jack.

koutek
    Participant

thanks , I cut the jumper and put the ground on jack but still not working lot of ground noise especially if I touch the PCB

Barry
    Keymaster

You still need to fix your Main Board Out wire (yellow) by using the T pad. I put arrows pointing to the T Pads in my 1st photo post above.

The T Pad is located by the visual T on the board silkscreen. Depending on the Main Board it is not always simply on the top or bottom so you have to visually verify. T stands for Tip which is the Audio Path.

It will not work if you do not connect the Audio Path properly.

I also noticed resistors not seated properly and a lot of dull grey solder joints.

If it does not work after fixing the Yellow OUT wire I suggest watching my Soldering Tutorial.

You may have to carefully redo some solder joints. Be careful not to heat the transistors since you did not use sockets to protect them from the heat of the soldering iron.

Also helpful you can refer to our GUIDES PAGE which may help you more.

Anything Orange is a LINK. Click above.

I hope that helps.

koutek
    Participant

Hi Barry, I re-built the black dog now is working but in by pass mode there is no audio signal, it works only when the pedal is engaged, what could be the problem?

thanks

Angelo

Billy

No bypass is most probably a dry solder joint on the switch and hopefully not heat damage to the lugs from soldering

Click the switch to bypass mode and check you have continuity along the red lines

koutek
    Participant

I checked continuity there is pin after pin not if checked from the begining to the end of red line you mentioned

koutek
    Participant

Solved it was the jumper that was unsoldered  Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart