Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Big Muff Omp v2 permanent tone bypass

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

In the build doc there is a switchable tone bypass but what if I want a permanent tone bypass? Do I omit c7 and c9 and splice in the 220nf? I’m thinking it’s an option I’d never want to turn off and space is tight in the enclosure I chose to use and I don’t have wire-fu skillz like some I’ve witnessed in the DIY pedal community. Could someone make a diagram.. I’m confused on how to omit the switch but the keep 220nf cap

wilkie1

Try this:

Do not install C7, C8,C9, R11, TONE pot.  Install a 220n in C9 position.  Add a jumper between pad 3 to pad 2 of the tone pads. With 10K installed at R12 the hi pass filter formed by C9 and R12 will roll off at 72 Hz.  For Bass guitar, change R12 to 22K.  Roll off will be about 32 Hz.  Enjoy.

Chris
    Participant

Ah so basically bypass the entire tone stack portion of the pedal, substituting the 220nf at c9. I shall try it! This is a pedal I would play much more, save for the complete lack of midrange.

Barry
    Keymaster

or you could insert a Tone TwEQ for a 3 Band active EQ.

wilkie1

What a great idea!  I forgot to mention that.  Then, he could BOOST the mids that he wants.

Chris
    Participant

or….. I could solder in one cap and removed a couple resistors and be done with it. LOL If the enclosure was bigger, yes I could add bells and whistles. But in a 1950b size.. space is tight. I’m modding an existing pedal I built a few years ago, this isn’t a scratch build.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.