Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support apollo tremolo trouble

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hi,

it’s the first time i post here.

i’ve a problem with my apollo tremolo.

i saw in the old forum the same problem but i could not see the answer while it was the end of the old forum.

so the problem is that it’s appear to work but i’ve no sound.. all led are reactiv, and i can ear a phasing breath. but no sound…

i think it’s not a big problem!

thank you for your good job

wilkie1

You haven’t given us much information to work with.  To properly assist you, we need photos and voltages of all IC and transistor components.

However, if I understand what you have said, you have power applied.  You have a blinking LED that indicates that the LFO is working.  You do not hear your guitar signal in both bypass or effect setting of the foot switch.

I would double check that you are getting signal from your guitar to the input jack, through the foot switch.  The foot switch wiring could be incorrect.  The output wiring to the out jack could be faulty as well.

You might need an audio probe to further trace the signal through the circuit.  Report your findings.

Barry
    Keymaster

I would look through these guides:

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi, thank you,

I had allready read all your guides.

but i don’t see…

i’ve the sound in the bypass mode, but nothing when the effect is on.

i’ve signal from the jack to the pcb passing by the switch..

in the both IC i’ve 9V between the first and the last pin.

anybody see anything?

thank you for your presence

wilkie1

Confirm that the optocoupler is a NSL-32 and that the dot is in the correct position.  I cannot tell from the photo.

Report all pin voltages using the standard numbering format as stated in the guides.  Pin 4 should be ground (0V) and pin 7 about 9V.

The LED should be blinking at a rate controlled by the SPEED pot.

The KILL switch SW2 should pass a fixed voltage set by the BLEVEL trimmer.  This should be close to 9V at the NSL-32.  When SW2 is in the operating position, the voltage at NSL-32 should be varying.

WIthout a photo of the back, we cannot see if you have a bad solder joint.  You can remove power and the ICs and resolder all joints including switches and pots.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Been quite a while since I have posted anything, but here goes nothing.  Looking at your build picture, the longer contact leg on the third mono jack (looking left to right) appears to be over the top of the jack instead of in the grooved portion of the shaft.  Not sure why.  I assume the two on the right are input and output, so I would start there and make sure the wiring is correctly routed from the board (T) is on the bottom hole for the input side and (T) is on the top hole for the output side of the board.  Check the routing to the 3PDT and then to the respective jack lugs.  Am curious what is connected to the other two jacks on the left side of the enclosure.  As Wilkie pointed out, without seeing the solder side, impossible to check for cold solder joints, extra long wire leads touching and such.  -petevig

Barry
    Keymaster

Hi Pete!  Good to see you back!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi,

thank you Pete for helping!

so i’m checking all what you said.

for the instant, yes the dot is in correct position and it’s a nsl32

i’ve voltage between the b level trim, the switch 2, and the nsl32

the led’s rate is control by the pot

i continue the test

when i take the photo, i saw that one of the nsl’pin is not solder! (maybe that? i sold in 2 minutes)

the second effect with have just the same power is bluelay

i’m back in a few hours

Anonymous
    Inactive

good morning!

it’s working 😉

great!

i think it was the nsl pin that was not solder…

Barry
    Keymaster

We are very glad you figured it out.

Please post your completed build in the Show Off Your Pedal section for everyone to see.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank u Barry

of course, i’ll post the final box, but now, i’m remake the design 😉 don’t care!

Anonymous
    Inactive

very good sound that i expected 😉

thanks to the team

braKo from Reunion Island

wilkie1

Bravo!  We are happy to hear that you succeeded with your pedal.  I hope to hear from you again with your next project.  Welcome to the GPCB Forum!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.