Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Apollo Tremolo speed mod

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Slider
    Participant

Can anyone please suggest mods to reduce the speed of the tremolo on the Apollo Tremolo? I don’t need a fast speed, so wider range is not what I’m looking for. Also, is there a mod to increase the depth? Thanks

wilkie1

Increasing C6 will further slow the tremolo when the speed switch is engaged.

I’m not sure about increasing the depth.

Slider
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll experiment with that.
    Next: Cybercow posted photos of his Shiver Quiver version of this pedal. I like the idea of using the 3PDT Wiring Board and 2 LEDs, one for rate and one for on/off. I see there is a resistor added between S4 and S5. Can someone please tell me what I need to be aware of with this mod? Is this just using two different resistors for the two LEDs? I don’t see any resistor that was left off the main board as is usually the case when using a 3PDT Wiring Board.

Cybercow

Slider – the added resistor between S4 & S5 is merely a CLR for the Rate indicator LED. I prefer it a bit less bright and the added CLR reduces the brightens of it.

I used separate CLRs for the Rate and On-Off LEDs. The on-board CLR on the 3PDT Wiring board is for the On-Off indicator and the added resistor between S4 & S5 is for the Rate LED.

I didn’t use a bi-color LED on the 3PDT Wiring Board – I just wanted an On-Off indicator. I did not work up a scheme for using 2 LEDs on the 3PDT Wiring board (one for On-Off and the other Rte indication. That would require a different bit of attention for such re-wiring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.