Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support APOLLO TREMOLO NO SOUND OUT (SOLVED)

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 18 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    nitsuj
    Participant

hallelujah!

I have sound !

the switch of sw2 was defective.

This during a new problem the circuit produces a high pitched sound even without playing the guitar. and the more I increase the gain the louder the sound.

wilkie1

OK. We get to start over on a new issue!

First. You have “sound”.  Do you have the tremolo working?  Do all controls function properly?  Do they do what they are supposed to do?

Now, for the high pitched noise.  It is likely oscillation in an opamp.  Check to see if C2 is a correct value and is soldered properly.  Check ALL ground connections on the board and to jacks.

Barry
    Keymaster

nitsuj
    Participant

yes the tremolo works and the potentiometer too. and they do what they’re supposed to do.

speed ok, spacing ok, smooth ok, depth ok, gain ok.

C2 is correctly solder and Displays 3.06k.

All ground are connected.

wilkie1

Is the noise present if you disconnect the guitar cable from the effect? Is the effect powered by an external supply?  Does the noise go away if you use a battery for power?

nitsuj
    Participant

Yes the noise is present when I unplug the guitar.

The effect is powered by an external power supply.

It does not work with a battery. I measure the battery and has 8.89v

wilkie1

Double check your wiring for the battery clip.  It appears that you do have one wired since there is a second power wire going to the power jack.  The stereo IN jack acts like a switch for the ground to turn the power ON when a guitar cable is inserted.

I want to see if the noise is coming in from the external power supply.  A battery will not produce noise.

nitsuj
    Participant

It took a long time to find a new battery. 😉
    the system works quietly with the battery.

what to do to stop having noise with the power supply?

fig
    Participant

Hey, that is great to hear!

wilkie1

Now that you have the pedal working properly on battery power, you need to consider purchasing a better external power supply.

Feel free to contact us again to assist with your next pedal build if needed.

nitsuj
    Participant

I tried with my 1 spot CS7 from truetone and the noise is still a bit there. weaker but still present.

Viewing 11 posts - 18 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.