Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Apollo Build Stalled

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Handtighten
    Participant

Greetings All…. I was really hoping I’d have luck with this build,but sadly I need help and do appreciate any advice and ideas on how to troubleshoot this build. I was confused on the wiring for the switchboard and thought thing were connected properly.  I confirmedI have power to the board. When pluged into my amp I hear a load buzz similar to touching a hot guitar cable. None of the LEDs lit and the buzz is not affected by any of the switches or pots. I tried testing theLEDs wired to the switches with a 3vdc battery,but they did not light so I removed them from the circuit. No difference. Still got the buzz. I’m stuck on what to do  next.  Thanks for any help.  John

Barry
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome,

At a glance I can see that the Main Board In and Out wiring to the pads need reversed.

The Pad with the Silkscreen does not go to Ground. So carefully reverse those two wires on each side while avoiding any damage to the pads. Hopefully that is all you will need to do.

Take your time and report back.

wilkie1

It appears that the white wire from the 3PDT wiring board BO is connected to the wrong pad on the Apollo board.  It is connected to the ground pad instead of the signal pad marked with the small letter “T”.

Handtighten
    Participant

Thank you all. I’m not sure why I made these errors!  I’ll fix and let you know…

Bruce R

I believe you wired all of the pots backwards too. Pin 1 is designated on each set of pads. Looking at the front of the pot, and putting lugs at the bottom, lug 1 is left, lug 3 is right.

Also, I did not recall when we put the kit bill of materials together that the build document specifies that you do not use a 3PDT wiring board due to the onboard pot being both an indicator of on/off and a rate indicator. For this reason, I’ll be sure to send you another 3PDT switch and LED. I don’t believe that should prevent you from getting audio out of your circuit though. If you want me to hold off for a day or so to make sure you don’t need anything else to get this working, I can. Let me know.

Thanks,
    Bruce – Pedal Parts and Kits

Handtighten
    Participant

Thanks All… Finally found some time to get back to this.  Bruce…I removed the board and will check and redo the pot wiring! Thank you.

Bruce R

I took that to mean you don’t need me to send you a 3PDT switch. I don’t monitor the forum all that regularly, so please use the contact form on the pedalpartsandkits.com site if you find that you need a part to get the build working.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Handtighten
    Participant

Off to try this again. I still have a huge Buzz when switch is engaged. Voltage reading from the ICs are within normal limits. Not giving up!  Thanks to all of ya!

Roland Anderson
    Participant

It looks like the green and blue wires going to all the pots need to be reversed.

wilkie1

The input wiring is wrong.  The white wire from the input jack connects too the lug2 on the foot switch.  The Blue wire from the lug 1 of the foot switch connects to the white input pad on the Apollo board.  The green wire from the input jack connects to the ground pad on the Apollo board marked with the letter “G”.

wilkie1

Also the pot wires as mentioned.

Handtighten
    Participant

Thanks WIlkkie!  One more try~

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.