Home Forums General Any tiny tuners?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Z 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bob Z
    Participant

I am looking to build a tiny tuner (either electronic or vibration sensing) into a new guitar design. Does anyone know of some PCBs/design layouts for very small tuners, with a minimal size, preferably “long” and skinny display?

Thanks

Cybercow

Personally, I’ve never even seen a schematic for such a tuner. What I have seen are tuner re-houses. You may want to consider that route if no one else chimes in with a solution. Good luck!

wilkie1

I rehoused a small chromatic one into a pedal board. The circuits are too complex for small DIY use. .

Bob Z
    Participant

Yes, thank. I’ve looked at a number of tuners to rehouse for that purpose, but in most cases, it’s either impractical, ugly, or I have to make major compromises for the controls. I’ve seen exactly one  nice, small, but rather old, circuit that might work, but the article is incomplete, and the display quite limited due to its age/tech. While possible to modify it, I’m not sure it would have good enough resolution.

Feral Feline
    Participant

I would recommend getting an N-Tune tuner and rehousing/modding it. It doesn’t meat your long-skinny display criteria, but it was meant exactly for onboard tuning.

I don’t know if they’re still made or not, but if not you could possibly pick one up used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_brkhRppc

I’ve also seen humbucker pickup-ring tuners that might suit after adapting/modding.

Good luck!

FF

Bob Z
    Participant

Sadly, N-tune appears to be gone, as I looked into them before. Don’t know if was market, business, legal of tech related, but they seem to have just up and vanished. Exactly what I really want, TBH. Problem is I need a lot more than one, so used isn ‘t an option. I’ll start looking for the humbucker ring ones, thanks for the heads-up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart