Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Angry Red Camel Buzzing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vivek
    Participant

Hi All,

I’ve finished building my Angry Red Camel and i get an output. However when the switch is is in the position where the circuit engages R4 (10M) i get a loud blaring/buzzing sound over the guitar audio but when the switch engages R3 (100k) it sounds fine. I’ve taken out the switch and checked the connectivity just between the switch pads and all sounds good.

So i’m not sure why when the current flows via R4, the loud blarring/buzz comes over the guitar sound, was wondering if someone else might have experienced this as well, and had a fix for this. I’ve checked for shorts, tried re-flowing to see if it makes a difference, same outcome.

Thank you for your help in advance

Vman

Vivek
    Participant

Hi All,

Just an update, i might have fixed my own problem. For C3 (33n) I replaced the mylar Film cap (Green colored ones) with a polyester Film cap, same value,33n, and the buzzing/noise is now gone. I tested the Mylar and it was the correct value, but not sure why it would cause this noise.

I’m happy now, will keep testing!
    <h2 class=”product-name”></h2>

Billy

More than likely a dry solder joint Vivek

This is interesting albeit I’ve tried this with mylars the difference wasn’t huge but still there

https://youtu.be/zHuW082TGXg

Vivek
    Participant

Hi Billy

Thank you so much for the reply, i was also thinking about possibly a dry solder joint but the pedal works fine when circuit is routed via R3, using the previous cap. So it’s a bit puzzling, and wondering if i had changed the orientation would it have made a difference, as per the youtube video. I could try and reinstall it, but don’t think i will. 🙂

Also thanks for the youtube video, never realised this about film caps and it’s pretty cool to know, i’m building a few high gain pedals next, and I’ll definitely be marking the polarity of my film caps before i put them in.

Thanks a lot for the advice and guidance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart