Home Forums Show Off Your Build American Fuzz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Billy

American fuzz built some time ago and finally boxed up just to show I’m still building

Barry
    Keymaster

Looks great mate! Thanks for sharing.

Billy

Already shared on spacebook mate, get you a wee well deserved mention on another forum I’m  trying to keep up with the millions of mentions Mark gives you on other forums haha

Scott Preston
    Participant

Billy, I love your finish.  Is it water slide?  I guess I should post on the FB DIY page too (for the same reason).  I’ve been lurking, but haven’t shared any builds there.

-S

Anonymous
    Inactive

That looks very professional inside and out! Cheers!

Billy

Scott it’s toner transfer mirror imaged, printed on a laser printer then ironed on and clearcoated about 3 times

To get all the detail transferred I’ve found that turning your iron back a couple of notches from maximum then placing the iron on it for 10 minutes and ironing for another 5 minutes then cooling it under running water until it becomes soaked is best I used to have my iron at max and iron etc for around 25 minutes but have had much better results lowering the iron temp and time.

It’s easy enough to sand off if it doesn’t transfer fully or use a sharpie to fill parts in

I’ve also done it with powder coated enclosures

I use the cheap yellow toner transfer paper from ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-Heat-Toner-Transfer-Paper-Laser-Printer-for-DIY-PCB-Prototyping-UK-Stock/111793870005?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=410783139584&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Cybercow

FuzzRite done right! Great looking build.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.