Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support AfterBlaster question (answered)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I feel like I’m going crazy- didn’t we have a topic here just recently where someone wanted to use an AB as a separate boost instead of the main on/off for an effect? I’d like to do this but I can’t remember the mod- was it just jumping the I and O from the top of the board and then wiring the rest up like a regular build? I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find that particular discussion. Thanks!

Barry
    Keymaster

I am not sure about the thread you refer to?

That said this is just my personal opinion and if anyone else wants to stomp on it please feel free.

If you want to build it standalone, you would probably be better off ordering one of the Stage 3 boards, because this one was not really designed to be standalone. It was designed to go into a box with another circuit. Could it be rigged? Yes. Would you want to? I think it would end up being kind of ugly. For one, you would not be able to use the 3PDT part of the PCB. IMHO I would use the right tool for the job here as opposed to something that does not look tidy and perhaps even add to noise? To do it right I would get the Stage 3 Booster for a few bucks and have a nice tidy wiring job.

Matt
    Participant

Copy that. Noted. My primary motivation here was that I built an AB a long time ago for a Plexi-Plus and couldn’t get either to work. I separated them out and eventually got the Plexi up and running and it’s great. So now I have an orphaned AB that I’d love to have operational so that I could test it with various circuits before I commit it to the build. I have never managed to get that first one rolling, despite changing Q1 and rebiasing and endless poking. I bought two at once and I’m about to populate the second one just to see if I cooked the switch way back when I was new. Incidentally the S3 may be a better solution for my Plexi project anyhow. I’m familiar with the circuit- it’s the post boost in my profile shot. I’ll look into that as well. Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart