Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support AfterBlaster as a single mini effect

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hey guys,

searching through the forum I couldn’t find an answer to this. If I wanted the AfterBlaster to be a single effect (or second in a double enclosure), how would I connect the primary PCB in and out? Do I just bridge them in this case?

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Frank

wilkie1

To add the Afterblaster after your primary effect, simply wire the OUT of the primary effect to the IN of the Afterblaster.  The OUT of the Afterblaster will wire to the BO on the 3PDT switch board or lug 7 of the 3PDT switch.

Frank
    Participant

Hey wilkie1,

thanks for the fast response. So that means that the ins and outs on the side of the AfterBlaster PCB remain free? Because my plan is to also include an effects order switch with a 3pdt toggle.

Cheers

Frank

Frank
    Participant

Oh, also if I wanted to skip the dip switches and just go with a trim pot, could I just solder the corresponding PCB points together? Maybe I’ll explain the whole thing 🙂

I want to combine the AfterBlaster and a Distortion PCB in one enclosure. I have a on-on 3PDT toggle and it’s set up so I can change the order of the two (whether Distortion or AB comes first).

wilkie1

No.  The IN and OUT pads on the Afterblaster must be used just as other effects do.  They will connect to the order switch along with the Distortion board.

The DIP switch pads can be hard wired as you described.

Frank
    Participant

Hey wilkie1,

Ok, that I understand of course. The IN and OUT pads that would normally go to and from another PCB board need to be used for the connection to the order switch. I was referring to the in and out at the sides that go from the input and to the output jacks. Or can I leave these without connection?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

wilkie1

To use the AB as an independent effect, try wiring it like this:

Install a jumper between the “I” and “O” pads on the AB.  You will not be using that loop.

Wire the IN jack > Order switch IN.  Wire the AB and Distortion IN and OUT to the Order switch.  Wire the Order switch OUT > OUT jack.  Now you can select AB> DIST or DIST > AB.

I hope this is clear.

Frank
    Participant

Thanks a lot wilkie. I will wire it up like this then. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.