Home Forums Show Off Your Build After Blasted Ludicrous Speed – Warp Drive?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chuck
    Participant

Sometimes I’m just not sure why I do some things.  I just look at myself in the mirror and say “Bless his heart”.  Case in point a Ludicrous Speed Overdrive with an After Blaster in a 1590B – in my defense I was left unsupervised.  Straight build of the Ludicrous Speed using an OPA2134PA.  Doing good so far.  But then I decided to use one of the After Blaster boards I’ve had for way too long.  To get clearance for the 1590B I had to choose between making precise clearance holes in the bottom or move the switch and trimmer to the outside with a DPDT toggle and a 9mm 100KA pot.  Choosing the latter made me put it down and walk away, muttering and scratching my head, several times during the final assembly process.  In the end I wired the switch and pot to the board and attached the in/out, power and ground wires to the After Blaster, put the switch and pot into the box, installed the 3PDT stomp in the box and dropped the After Blaster board down on the 3DPT.  With that done hooking up the other stuff was a piece of cake.

Here’s the box:

And the guts:

Everything worked perfectly on first try.  Have to spend some more time playing with this one but I like it so far.

Thanks for looking,
    Chuck

Barry
    Keymaster

Very Nice!

This project may well take you from Ludicrous Speed to Plaid now.

Chuck
    Participant

Wish I’d have thought of that before I finished the box!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.