Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support 3PDT Wiring board

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello

I tried using the 3PDT wiring board a couple of times on my builds and I can’t get the bicolor LED to work.  Everything is works fine with the effect switching I Just can’t get the LED to function.  I use a 3.3k resistor and the anode is the center leg and the 2 outer legs cathode colors.  The legs are insulated with shrink tubing.  Any ideas?  I am missing something?

Barry
    Keymaster

Test the LED with a 3 to 5 volt coin battery to make sure they work.

There would be nothing wrong with the boards as they are the same as we have been selling for 7+ years.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Barry

Thanks for the reply.   I tested my LEDS on a breadboard.  Nice idea with the coin batteries, never thought of that.  My problem was a broken trace from the CLR to the anode of the LED.  I’ll jumper it or use another board.  I know the boards are good cause I have 12 and checked them all.   Thanks for all of your hard work at GuitarPCB.

Barry
    Keymaster

Glad you got it all sorted Roy and glad you liked the battery tip. I got that from an old buddy of mine lurking around here somewhere years ago. Be sure to post any builds in the Show Off section and if you ever feel like jumping in you are more than welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.