Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support 3PDT Buffer – Simple doubt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello there,

I purchased two of the 3PDT Buffer -because I find a very smart idea- but, alas, when I tried to install onto a Flanger kit from another company it refused to work (the LED went on, and the Bypass too, but audio could only hear in the OFF position). The Flanger 3PDT wiring scheme id different to the 3PDT Buffer, then the question is, if they are “universal” or they work only with certain kinds of pedals (eg. from guitarpcb ones).

Thanks in advance!

Dagnels

wilkie1

If you are using this with another 3PDT foot switch, then the wire from the first foot switch that goes to the flanger becomes the IN to the buffer,  Then the pad marked “I” goes to the “IN of the flanger.  The OUT of the flanger goes to the “pad marked “O” on the buffer board.  The OUT of the buffer board goes to the EFFECT OUT on the 3PDT and the OUT of the 3PDT goes to your amp.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried with this flanger and it didn´t work. I´ve mounted a single 3PDT like in the diagram and it works perfect! Note that the wiring is not the “traditional” one.

Barry
    Keymaster

My best guess without seeing the wiring using the Buffer Board in an example is that there is some confusion between the two different wiring schemes. A picture will help a lot.

That said one guess I can make is check to be sure you used the (T) pads on your Input and Output sections of the Buffer Board. The (T) pads indicated by the small T in the silkscreen is for Tip. The other pads beside them are for ground so you do not have to use “star grounding”. Like I said that is just a guess.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi and thanks for the reply!

Above you can see the flanger pedal in theme. Maybe it can help.

Dagnels

Barry
    Keymaster

That does not show us how you wired the buffer board to your flanger.

Can you post a picture? It would answer the questions I asked above and save us from trying to guess at the problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OUCH! Sorry, I didn´t understand (English is not my mother language). Well, I don´t have any picture available because I opted to install a normal 3PCB and it worked. But I followed the logic order, like wilkie1 said: the first foot switch that goes to the flanger becomes the IN to the buffer, The pad marked “I” goes to the “IN of the flanger. The OUT of the flanger goes to the “pad marked “O” on the buffer board. The OUT of the buffer board goes to the EFFECT OUT on the 3PDT and the OUT of the 3PDT goes to your amp. At least it is so explained in the documents of the buffer………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.