Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support 3PDT Board Voltage Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pinhead
    Participant

Just got done building the Tube Screaming Preamp. I used a 3PDT board for my switch and LED. The entire circuit works great except the LED. Figuring that it  was a bad LED I clipped it off to wire in another. After I clipped it off I tested it. It works fine. So I checked the voltage going to the pads and it was 9v. I removed the resistor, it was okay as well. So I put in a new resistor and checked the voltage, still 9v. I’m stumped. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Billy

Are you checking voltage on the left side of the CLR resistor? is your LED a common anode bi colour or a single colour LED

Pinhead
    Participant

Single color LED, checking voltage on the LED pads themselves. I’m getting 9v on the actual voltage going to the LED.

Billy

Have you got the anode + going to the centre pad and cathode – to the left hand pad the one without the white box

It can’t be much that’s wrong, sounds like you could have the LED anode and cathode in the wrong pads

You’d get 9v on the LED because there would effectively be no path to ground

Pinhead
    Participant

I triple checked the LED for the correct polarity. Maybe I’m thinking of this wrong, but if the resistor is in place, shouldn’t there be a lower voltage than the input voltage going to the LED pads?

Billy

No you’re thinking correctly im not! you should depending on the CLR value get less than 2v on the actual LED pads

If you didn’t blow your first LED with 9v then the LED wasn’t conducting continuity check all your connections 9v pad to CLR right side CLR left to anode and cathode to ground also check your 3PDT has continuity in effects mode and is grounded

Post a picture of it so we can have a look

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.