Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion 3d / stacked enclosure question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott Preston
    Participant

Hey, any tips on attaching an enclosure to another enclosure (aka 3d enclosure)?  I’m preparing to build a pedal that needs another layer for foot switches an would appreciate any lessons learned about attaching the top enclosure to the bottom.

TIA,

-Scott

wilkie1

I just drilled holes in the bottom to permit using the original screws to attach the upper enclosures.  In the below case, I had to sand off some of the adjoining sides to make it fit.

A 1/2″ hole was drilled in the bottom to provide access to the upper enclosures and a hole was drilled between the upper enclosures for wiring as well.

wilkie1

I should have mentioned that this concept was first shown to the forum by PLAYSFORFUN.  He is the guru of combos!  What inspiration!

Playsforfun

Thanks Wilkie1. I too use the original screws if possible. You may only get a few threads to grab depending on manufacturer. To stack boxes I use the cover of the top box as a drill guide. When making your marks for drilling keep in mind the existing screw position and thickness of the walls of the bottom box.  These two pics may show a few ideas. For this combo I decided to fasten the top box on with only 3 screws so that I could hug the corner of the bottom box. Placement of the hole for the wires may need need to be precise depending on what will be in the vicinity. For joining boxes side by side I have used the threaded tubing used to put lamps together. Easily found at the hardware store. Wires can pass through from box to box.

Scott Preston
    Participant

Thanks for the tips.

-S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.