We have success!!!!
What we learned today is the audio probe method is the best manner of troubleshooting.
I got the parts today to build a new audio probe, which I did.
The first test was the drain of Q1…. sounds find. Q2 drain sounded horrible. In fact, it sounded like the horrible output I was getting. So I adjusted the trim pot of Q2 until the audio probe output sounded like I thought it should. Too low or too high got no sound, but I was able to find the sweet spot on the trim pot. I then followed around to Q3 and Q4 and did the same thing. Once I had adjusted all of the trip pots to where things sounded like I was expecting, I plugged into the amp and the pedal sounded great!! Just like it should.
Here are the NEW voltages that actually made the pedal sound correct.
What I learned is that even though the instructions say put all Q voltages at a certain number, the audio probe helped fine-tune the true numbers.
So now I am going to work on putting the unit in the enclosure and seeing if everything continues to operate.
Thanks to all who contributed suggestions on what to look at. Now I know what to look for if my second build has a problem!