Home Forums Show Off Your Build Shiver Quiver (Apollo Tremolo) Reply To: Shiver Quiver (Apollo Tremolo)

mybud
Participant

Deep Southerly (African) greetings to you all.

WRT the Apollo I’m curious as to whether the symmetry mod combined with the speed switch can achieve a slow ramp as Cybercow suggested, in which case it’s almost obligatory for my purposes (mostly nefarious, I have to admit). This would cause it to behave more like a VCA if I understand the mod correctly.

My observation is that the EA doesn’t provide the choppiness of the Apollo. It’s more like a straightforward sine wave to my hearing; I don’t have a ‘scope to verify this. But it’s a ‘musical’ circuit nonetheless, undoubtedly less versatile than the Apollo but still very usable. My only reservation is that it’s not slow enough for my taste and I was wondering whether a similar mod to the Apollo speed switch might be doable.

I assume (on the basis of no evidence at all) that the timing cap is C5, in which case one of Barry’s DPDT switch mods to add a cap in parallel to the 470uF there might do the trick.

Thanks as always for the interesting thread. Your thoughts and comments in due course will be greatly appreciated.