Home Forums Show Off Your Build Squishy Octopus (OptoComp) Reply To: Squishy Octopus (OptoComp)

Cybercow

Robert Paul – the “finished” pedal image is just a Photoshop mock-up. I have actually done the inkjet waterslide for it yet. I usually build about a dozen pedals and then spend a couple days doing just the decals. I use inkjet on standard waterslide decal stock from Amazon, (or SmallBear when they’re open). My typical waterslide decals sendup looking like these on white enclosures . . . .

After I apply the decal and it has dried, I apply a few coats of rattle-can clear (never Rustoleum). After the clear coats have dried, I apply about a dozen thin coats of MinWax “Natural” furniture polish paste and buff between coats. This allows for fingerprints and light scratch to buff out easy. It’s a bit of extra work from Barry’s method (using photopaper and ArmorAll), but I like how the enclosure art edges are less noticeable with waterslides. Here are a couple of finished pedals using Barry’s method . . . .

One of Barry’s “Super Drive 70’s” builds with photopaper, glue and ArmorAll . . . .

And here’s a spring reverb build that employs one of those little blue plastic reverb tanks (it sounds horrible and I’m going back into it to some switching jacks so I can insert a larger external reverb tank.) Again, using Barry’s photopaper, glue and ArmorAll method . . . . .