Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Capt. Munch Initial Test Reply To: Capt. Munch Initial Test

rickmurphy
Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Barry.

Here are my answers to your questions :

The reference pedal is a SuperCrunchboxV2. I did not name the “reference pedal” to comply with the prohibition of discussion clones on the forum.

No, I am not trying to produce a copy of something else. I am trying to verify that I have properly completed the Pedal Parts and Kits Capt Munch Kit. I understand about component choices. In my case the choices were made for me by Pedal Parts and Kits. I also understand the gain dependency. During my test Gain was also rotated fully clockwise.

The 25dB increase in volume seems to satisfy the requirement that “a properly working circuit […] produces much more volume than Bypass”, but the ambiguity of the requirement does not allow me to verify that I have properly completed the Pedal Parts and Kits Capt Munch Kit.

No, it does not “sound good”, but that is subjective. More to the point the Capt Munch Kit doesn’t sound like the SuperCrunchBox. I will stipulate that no claims were made that they would sound the same or alike.

Yes. There is distortion and tone adjustment.

If the Pedal Parts and Kits Capt Munch Kit intended to provide more than 25dB, then yes I would need more. I am just trying to validate that I have completed the kit correctly.

Thanks again for the time you spend answering my questions.