Home GuitarPCB Forum GuitarPCB Build Support Mini-Me Chorus with 2 Sets of pots as presets?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bakelit
    Participant

Hi everyone,

this is my first topic in this forum. I am a musician from Germany, and have built several FX pedals with sets (Musikding) and also on vero boards. Now I would like to build the Mini-Me Chorus. Love the tones I heard on Barry’s videos! Since I like the idea of having “presets” on a analogue pedal by switching pots like in the Analogman Bi-Chorus ( https://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_Bi_Chorus_p/am-bi-chorus.htm ), I wonder if this is also possible with the Mini-Me. I know there are threads in the forum with several builds of two Mini-Me boards in one enclosure, but I want to build it with just one board and two sets of pots.

In Craig Anderton’s book (german edition) I found the very same idea, and he wrote, there are two versions of using pots in a schematic:

So, here is the interesting part with the two pots of the Mini-Me schematic:

As I can see, is the Rate Pot included like version A in the Anderton pic. But how about the Depths Pot? There is this C19 cap to ground in between. Is this also version A, or is it version B in Anderton’s explanation?

I have the idea of wiring the four pots (two sets of 2 pots) like in this thread: https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/05/micro-pog-dual-control-modification.html

I think, this would be the wiring for Anderton’s version B. Is this the correct way, or is there an easier way to do it?

Thank you all very much for your interest and help!

Bakelit

Cybercow

The Mini-Me’s Rate pot is like Anderton’s version A and the Mini-Me’s Depth pot is like Anderton’s version B.

Note that the Rate pot does NOT share a ground connection. So be mindful of the wiring.

Bakelit
    Participant

Thank you, Cybercow! I will try this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.