Home GuitarPCB Forum GuitarPCB Build Support Bass OD v1 troubleshooting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Liz
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I built a Bass OverDriver v1 and wired everything up according to the build doc, aside from the LED. I decided to use a standard LED and wanted the placement next to the footswitch so I wired it from the board to the that area. I tried plugging in the pedal, and when the pedal is not on, the signal goes through. However, when I engage the pedal, no sound comes out. I’ve attached the photo here. Does anyone notice anything I’m missing? Any tips on how to troubleshoot to figure out what’s up with it?

Thanks in advance,

Liz

wilkie1

Sorry I am slow responding.  Please check your wiring.  The middle connection on the power connector is not used when a battery is not installed.  The power ground wire can attach directly to the main board.

Liz
    Participant

I tried it with a battery plugged in, and tried removing the battery clip and had the same result.

I’m not sure what you mean by “the power ground wire can attach directly to the main board.” I thought it was already? Should I move the 9+ green wire to the other lug on the 9v adapter?

Thanks for the help.

wilkie1

Sorry.  I got confused by the wires all being the same color.

Have you adjusted the bias to about 5-6V on each drain of Q1,2 and 3?  Although the soldering looks good on the pads visible, you may try reheating all pads from the bottom.

What is the voltage at the main board?

Billy

Is your in cable definitely plugged into the in jack socket with the enclosure the wrong way up in is on the left

Simple but worth checking it does catch people out you’d still get bypassed signal but no effect

wilkie1

That will deserve a head slap for sure!

mybud

FWIW I try to use consistent (different) colours for wiring, so input white, output yellow, earth green, 9V red, and black for jack earths. Using the same colour wiring for different functions I find very confusing but of course feel free to do what works for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.